Who we are
Our website address is: http://www.makingbettermistakes.com.
- Making Better Mistakes is a personal blog which showcases my own, often contrarian, views, opinions and ideas. It is not linked in any way to any employer(s).
- All information expressed or implied on this website is for informational, entertainment or educational purposes only. This includes, but is not limited to, ideas, opinions, suggestions, predictions, views, forecasts and recommendations. While information is believed to be accurate it can reasonably be assumed to include errors, omissions and inaccuracies.
- I provide only guidance and not advice. I am not a qualified investment advisor or otherwise. Content is provided ‘as is’ without any implied or explicit warranty. No assurance is given as to the accuracy or validity of the information within this website, or for content on any links provided. Links are maintained by their respective owners who are solely responsible for their content.
- I do not accept liability for any actions, and their consequences, you take as a result of reading any website content.
- Always do your own research, or consult a licensed professional and especially a broker or financial advisor for any investment decisions. You assume all risk for your financial decisions, trades and investments.
- Affiliate links and advertisements are used on occasion on this website. These links may result in Making Better Mistakes receiving a payment should a visitor click on a link, make a purchase or subscribe to a service. Please read the small print for any financial transaction. You are responsible for any action you take as a result of reading any website content or clicking any links.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who we share your data with
Data are shared only with providers required to serve services to you, such as hosting providers, wordpress and associated plugins.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognise and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
Comment Policy and Guidelines
This site permits readers to leave comments expressing their views about the articles published on Making Better Mistakes and occasionally other areas. If you chose to leave a comment, you agree to keep your comments:
- relevant to the topic
- respectful of others, and
- suitable for all ages
You also agree to refrain from posting any material that:
- violates any laws or legal rights of other persons or entities
- infringes upon the copyright, trademark, or other intellectual property of others
- is abusive
- contains excessive use of foul language or references to adult content
- contains knowingly false statements, libel, or slander, or
- contains spam or unwanted commercial solicitations.
You are solely responsible for the materials you post here. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless this website and its agents with respect to any claims based upon the transmission of your messages.
We do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy or usefulness of any information posted, nor are we responsible for the contents of any message. The comments express the views of the author of the message and do not reflect the opinions of this website’s administrators or bloggers.
In addition, the following policy applies to all comments on Making Better Mistakes:
- By posting a comment, you grant us the right to use, display, republish, sell, alter, or delete your comment in any way and for any reason.
- Once your comment is posted, it may not be edited or removed by you, the author. We do not have the duty to modify or delete the comment at your request; however, we reserve the right to edit your comment at our discretion.
- This policy is subject to change at any time without notice.
- Please use your name or pseudonym, not site name or keywords
- No unsolicited commercial comment.